Talking about a person I admire
Hi everyone!! Today I'm gonna talk about one of the people that I admire, in this case, it will be, Rosalind Franklin. I admire her because she is one of the most promiment female figures in the field of molecular biology.
She was a british scientist , best known for her contributions to the discovery of the molecular structure of DNA. She was born on July, 25, 1920 in London and died on April 16, 1958 in the same city but for ovarian cancer.
Her work focused on X-ray crystallography, a technique designed to study the shape and structure of molecules, Her knowledge helped to determine the structure of DNA, in fact, she took photos that demonstrated it's double helix. Photos which helped Watson and Crick in their discoveries about the structure of DNA. They, and Maurice Wikins received the Nobel for it, however, Franklin was excluded from that recognition.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario